Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day 9

Day 9

Today is a really short day, 5 hours. I have 10 shops to see today, so I need to get cracking.

First shop is Calla Lily Quilt Shop and Gifts. This shop has some great samples. A sample block of the month quilt makes me sorry that I do not live closer to the cities. Nice selection of fabrics and patterns. (Due to operator error, I do not have a picture of the shop, but I have a nice photo of the parking lot)

Next is Four Seasons Quilts in Plymouth. This shop has a very nice selection of Christmas fabrics. Good sized shop with a nice mix of fabrics. This shop has a large selection of fabrics for blending. Many nice samples.

The Snugglebug, A Quilt Shop in Plymouth is next. This shop has a large selection of batiks and a very nice sale area. This shop always has a good selection of fat quarters. This shop also has a person at the door to stamp passports and answer questions. Lots of brights and a nice selection of patterns.

If you need an oriental fabric, the Blue Bamboo is your shop. They also have a large selection of batiks. This shop is in a very confined space and is set up for mail order sales, so don't expect a lot of room to lay out fabrics to try color combination. Some brights, but mostly any kind of oriental fabric that you can think of. Some kits and fat quarter bundles. Not many sample quilts to look at.

The next stop is Heavenly Patchwork Quilt Shop in Waconia. This is a nice drive past the University of Minnesota Arboretum and orchard. This shop is part of a fall shop hop and stopping at the apple house on the way back to the cities is a real treat. This is a smaller shop. A nice selection of books and patterns and a good mix of fabrics. Many nice samples for inspiration. This shop was kind of quiet when I was there.

Back toward the metro area and to the next stop, The Sampler in Chanhassen. This shop has lots of brights and batiks. They have a large quilt made using the shop hop fabrics, along with a few other fabrics, that is a map of Minnesota! It is something to see. My hat is off to the maker of this quilt! This shop also has a good pattern and book selection. They carry the Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

Next on the list is Eagle Creek Quilt Shop. This shop in an old train station. Lots of reproduction fabrics and country colors. This shop has a lot of nice samples and has numerous special events during the year. Look for the shop cat, she has her own little four poster bed.

Before U Quilt in Savage is the next shop on my list. I have seen the same couple in the last 2 shops, I bet that they think that I am following them. This is a shop that is new to me. It is a smaller shop, but a nice selection of fabrics. I find a Christmas panel that I like. This shop has dogs, what fun. I will have to stop again.

Fabric Town is in Apple Valley. This shop has a well rounded selection of fabrics. I find a couple of blue and yellow reproduction fabrics that I don't have yet. This shop was out of charms, but will send me mine when they reorder. The charms that the Metro area shops have been giving out are very nice. They will make a nice momento of the trip. This shop completes the metro section of the hop. Only two more to go.

The final stop of the day is at Quilters Haven in Rosemont. I have been at this shop several times in the past. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The shop is in an older house next door to an antique shop. They have quite a few purse and tote samples. The stairs are steep, so be careful. Nice selection of juvenile fabrics.

Well, that ends the day. The rest of the shop will have to wait for Thursday afternoon and for the weekend. I will need to plan the most efficient routes to be able to get to all of the shops before the end of the hop!

No comments: