Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday August 5, Day 7


Maggie and I need to be in Minneapolis by 4 pm today, so we need an early start. One of the shops in Duluth is open by 9am and I would like to be in town by then. We have to eat breakfast on the road as the restaurant does not open until 8 and we need to be on the road by then. The drive is pretty quiet, not much traffic this early in the day.

The first shop of the day is Kellie J's Sewing Center and Quilt Shop. This shop is in the country with a stable. Maggie breaks her rule and buys some more fabrics. This shop also sells sewing machines. Main shop is upstairs and sale items are downstairs. We stop to pet one of the horses on the way back to the main road.


The next shop is new to the hop this year. Hannah Johnson's Fabrics and Quilts is a house full of fabrics. There are lots of contemporary fabrics as well as some specialty fabrics, satins, etc.



Quilter's Coop is the last shop in the Duluth area that we will stop as today. This shop has a mix of fabrics and nice sale area. I love the chimney on the building that is a sign for the shop!


On to Creations Quilt Shop. Be aware there is a lot of road construction in the Duluth area. Be sure to allow extra time for the detours! This shop is a smaller shop with an eclectic mix of fabrics. This is the last shop that I need to attend in the northeast section of the state! Another section is complete.



We travel to MacGregor to Timeless Treasures. This shop has a good selection of northwoods inspired fabrics.


The next shop is Seems Like Home Quilt shop in Sturgeon Bay. This is a smaller shop. They have a nice selection of Snap Sacks and an eclectic mix of fabrics. Be sure to stop and see the decorated restroom.


Fabric, Fashions and More in Rush City is the last shop that we will stop at before we arrive at the Twin Cities. This shop has a nice mix of fabrics and their shop hop samples are at the front of the store. I pick up my pattern and my snowflake with my purchase and then we are off. Maggie needs to get home and get ready for work tomorrow. It was really fun to have her ride along for a couple of days!


Last shop of the day is Quilted Treasures of Rodgers. This shop also completes my central east section! This shop has a nice selection of reproduction fabrics. They have a large classroom where they have numerous sample quilts displayed. Three sections are now complete. I should be able to complete section four tomorrow am.


Off to St. Cloud to spend the night! I will start the day tomorrow with Gruber's Quilt Shop in Waite Park and finish the central west section tomorrow. I will only have the southeast and southwest sections left. I usually leave these sections to the last as they are closer to where I live and if I run short of time, I can make a couple of day trips to finish the shop hop.

No comments: