Thursday, July 30, 2009

Final Preparations

Well, I am writing this from the hotel in the Twin Cities. Planning is complete and the trip is on the way. Shop hop will commence at 8 AM tomorrow at Silver Lane Quilting and proceed from there.

Thought that I would show you some of the things that I completed (or partially completed) for the 2008 Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. The first quilt that I finished was my All About Minnesota quilt. This was constructed using the fabrics from the hop and the "All about Me" pattern by Terry Atkinson. The pattern was quick to make and like all of the Terry's patterns, clear and easy to read and follow.


Another project was a Atkinson Designs pattern with stars. This is a nice lap size quilt. The centers of the stars are the various motifs from the shop hop fabric.



The next quilt is a pattern that was provided by Shades of the Past quilt shop. It uses the larger sections of the motifs quite effectively. I made the quilt smaller, another lap or couch size quilt. This one is getting a flannel back to make it extra cozy.


The last couple of projects are smaller. This tote was a pattern designed by The Thimble Box in New Ulm. Again, the pattern uses the larger panel that was being given at the shops in the southwest section in 2008. The album is a kit that was put together by the folks at Country Caboose Quilting. The photo album with the cover made with the hop fabric is just the right size for the clues for the section quilts that were given away last year.


The tote is just the right size for magazines and notebooks and I made mine with interior pockets. I also changed the closing tab. I was a quick project.

I hope to see some great ideas for this year's fabric as well. I am thinking that the cityscape fabric might work well for the Bow Tucks Tote. I have made several of these totes and my daughters really like them.

No comments: