Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 1 continues

After getting something to eat, I head to Buffalo for Patchwork Alley Quilts and Decor. This shop is selling out and closing and evidently is no longer on the hop. This store was an interesting combination of quilt store and decorating shop. Too bad I didn't know about this before I arrived, I could have save the time going directly to the next shop


Back to the Metro region and Heavenly Patchwork Quilt Shop in Waconia. This is smallish shop and is very busy when I am there. Wide selection of fabrics and lots of patterns on a display area in the center of the shop. They have a notebook cover that I like. It would be a nice idea to make a notebook to hold all of the block patterns I am collecting on this trip.

The Sampler in Chanhassen is the next shop on the trip plan. This shop has lots of batiks, brights and lots of Kaffe Fassett. They have some interesting samples and they also sell Bernina Sewing machines. I find a nice sale area. This is an open, bright shop with good lighting.

The next shop is just about the opposite of the previous shop. Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee is located in the old train depot and specializes in reproduction fabrics. The also sell some wool and have oil cloth printed with both reproduction prints and new prints. They have several sample bags made from the oilcloth.

The next stop on the list is Glad Creations in Minneapolis. This shop had lots of beautiful samples of the quilt patterns that they design and sell. Shop is small and kind of crowded, but has lots of fabric: brights, florals, batik, etc. The shop is closing for the day after I leave. They have a big classroom upstairs with lots of sale fabrics and more and more sample quilts.



I realize that I am not going to get back to Bear Patch Quilting before they close, so will go the Rosebud's Cottage in North Saint Paul. There is a Friday night antique car show and street fair. This shop has lots of reproduction prints and wool and are selling the Cherrywood hand dyed fabrics. A bus is just leaving. This is a very friendly shop.

On to Charlotte's Quilting Web in Stillwater. This shop is quite eclectic, with lots of different kinds of fabrics. They also have an excellent selection of patterns. All of the shops are showing a number of different projects using the shop hop fabrics.

I was planning to heading down to the southeast part of the metro area as the shops they are open until 8PM tonight, but my daughter calls and we go out to eat. We eat at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lodge. The toasted vegetable pizza is very good. A fitting end to a rather long day. I had planned to try to get to 19 shops, but made it to only 14. I could have made it to about 3 more shops, but dinner with my daughter was much more fun.

No comments: